27 January 2023, 19:06
If your controller or keyboard is not working in Dead Space Remake, we have a solution that should help you. If you can’t run or aim, you’ve come to the right place.
A remake of the iconic game Dead Space premieres today. This production had its original release in 2008, and many people were absorbed by the world created in the game and the horror it brought with it. Now, a few years after the initial launch, we can experience it again. However, some people cannot enjoy the title in peace, as they suffer from control problems. For many, the controller or keyboard does not work. In this article, we have a solution for you.
How to Fix a Non-Working Controller and Keyboard
- Unplug all unnecessary devices – this method works also if your controller is not responding at all in the game. Many people say that other devices were responsible for the non-functioning hardware. For example, a connected gamepad while they wanted to play on a keyboard. It works similarly with controllers, check if you have any HOTAS plugged in. Don’t just turn them off – disconnect them completely!
- Try re-setting keybindings – this is another method that has worked for many players. Reset the keybindings, there’s a good chance this will help you, especially if you can’t run or jump.
- Reset the game – I’m sure many of you may have already tried this method, which is why you are here, however some players claim that resetting the production a few times enabled them to use their default controller again.
- Unplug your keyboard before starting the game – this method can supposedly help too, if you plug it back in already when controlling Isaac.
- Drivers – this comes up in every guide, but it’s always worth remembering to have up-to-date drivers.
Graduate of English Philology and English in Public Communication. He started his professional career as an English teacher. A member of Gamepressure since 2019. During this time, he has been writing for various departments. Currently, he mainly covers guides and occasionally supports the newsroom. He has been interested in electronic entertainment since childhood. When he was younger, he wrote a scientific article on video game translations. An enthusiast of RPGs and strategies, he also frequently dives into the depths of indie games. In his spare time, he is working on a book and learning film editing.