29 January 2023, 23:21
Valve has officially announced the next Steam Next Festival and showed a trailer that reveals some of the games whose demos will be available during the event.
We’ve known for some time now that Valve would hold another edition of Steam Next Fest in February. Now this event has been officially announced, and the organizers have also released a trailer (below).
The next Steam Next Festival will take place from February 6-13, this year. As usual, we’ll be able to check out numerous game demos. There will also be numerous discounts and streams with developers.
The trailer for the event is worth noting, as it shows some of the games whose demos we will get to play. Among them will be:
- Gestalt: Steam & Cinder – a steampunk metroidvania with pretty pixel art graphics.
- Heads Will Roll: Reforged – a survival RPG set in the Middle Ages during the Hundred Years’ War.
- Hyper Slasher – A combat-oriented platformer with retrofuturistic 80s vibe.
- Infection Free Zone – a strategy game in which you will take care of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.
- The Last Case of Benedict Fox – a platformer combining elements of the metroidvania and soulslike genres with atmosphere inspired by noir and Cthulhu mythos.
- Maniac – an action game that will combine bullet hell shooter with the mechanics of the first two installments of Grand Theft Auto.
- Xenonauts 2 – the second part of the warmly received turn-based strategy game inspired by the XCOM series.
The trailer only featured a handful of games, but in reality there will be much, much more demos. We know, for example, that during February’s Steam Next Fest we will come to play, among others, the promising RPG Dark Envoy by Polish studio Event Horizon. This demo version is expected to provide about 1.5 hours of fun.
Finally, it’s worth mentioning that some of the demos shown in the trailer are already available. Thus, before the official launch of Steam Next Fest, you can check out demos of, among others, the action adventure game Bramble: The Mountain King, fighting game Spiritfall, tactical turn-based game Phantom Brigade, RPGs Inkbound and Dungeon Drafters, platformers Ghostland Yard and Trinity Fusion, adventure game Fake Heart or arcade racing game Gripper.