24 January 2023, 15:10
We have learned the development plans for the strategy RPG Wartales for the first half of this year. They include the release of version 1.0 of the game.
Shiro Games has revealed a roadmap for Wartales for the first half of this year. It includes official release.
February 2023 – Community Update
The so-called Community Update will be released first, this February. The patch will introduce:
- new Paths, or unique development option for characters;
- a fast travel system;
- the ability to build trading posts;
- the option to store loot and companions;
- upgrading of equipment used in camps;
- the ability to design your own flags;
- other new features to be revealed at a later date.
Second quarter of 2023 – version 1.0
Update 1.0 is scheduled for release in the second quarter of the year, leaving early access. This patch will offer:
- a new region (Alazar) to explore;
- the possibility to face the Wrath of the Eye, but it has not been explained what exactly this means;
- increased level cap;
- new Champions and new arenas;
- additional Ruins and the ability to visit the Forgotten Village;
- new battle maps and many other new features.
Recall that Wartales debuted on December 1, 2021 in Steam Early Access. The game is available exclusively on PC. Since its release, the project has been systematically developed. The last major update was released in November last year and introduced, among other things, a cooperative mode.
The game has received a warm reception – on Steam, 90% of player reviews praise Wartales, which is categorized as a “very positive” reception.